The Hawaii Community Foundation commissioned SMS Research to conduct a telephone survey of 900 households throughout the state on their charitable and philanthropic giving and volunteering. This research on Hawaii's givings follows up similar surveys conducted in previous years.
- The percentatge of Hawaii's households that give cash, goods and time (volunteer).
- The amount of their giving.
- What kinds of nonprofits and issue areas they contributed to.
- Reasons and motivations for giving to charity and nonprofits.
- Plans for giving that people include in wills, bequests or trusts.